Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Sock class!

I finished the "sock class" from one of my sock book. It was so awesome!! I've been wanting to do this for so long. I've been buying sock yarns before I can knit socks. This sample help demystify the sock mystery. I learned to pick up stitches, which will be helpful when I try to do the Orenberg shawl.

This was a top down but there are other methods I want to learn. Definitely want to try the toe up method. The Vintage Knitted Socks also explains so many different toes and heel methods. So many things to learn, so little time!





























You can see that I am just not good at Kitchener stitch. The toe area is too bunched up. I want to do a better job...I really do. Just someone show me how!!!

One thing to note about knitting socks...I've been so obsessed with it. It's causing me to do very little of everything else (including eating)

Last note: The toe is red because I ran out of the other yarn....It wasn't intentional.

No comments: