Monday, July 16, 2007

Swatched

Some updates first. Here's the photo of the Swallowtail show after blocking:

Here is it model by one of my favorite subject (while he was napping):


Got a bit tired of the sock pal sock so did a quick project: Made cuffed booties from Debbie Bliss' Simply Baby. I think it might show off the stitches better with a simpler color.


Sockpal sock: Almost there. At the gusset.


Okay, I actually swatch for once! And not just with one size needle but with two of them! This has never happen before... Plus I didn't just measure it and tear it out and use that yarn in the actually project (like I do with the socks), I actually blocked it!




But I think I blocked it too aggressively. Some people might think there's no such thing as blocking too aggressive when it comes to lace. What do you think?

The one on the left is using size 2 (3.0m m) and the one on the right is size 1 (2.5mm). Which one do you think I should use for the MS3? I still have to get beads...

Now I need to resist starting MS3 before finishing the sockpal sock or else it'll never finish on time...

2 comments:

Ben said...

orion looks so cute in it! when am i getting mine? ;-)

Unknown said...

I didn't realize you had a blog! Baby O is so cute sleeping there. :) And your lace looks awesome - which size needles did you finally start MS3 with?