Thursday, August 16, 2007

Knitting and Watching Comedy

Knitting and watching comedy don't work well together! We watched Fun with Dick and Jane the other night. I didn't think the movie was going to be that funny because the trailer seem a bit lame. The ending was pretty okay but most of the movie was really funny. Funny to the point that I couldn't keep a steady hand knitting! At some points I even put my knitting down and so I can hold my stomach and laugh.

Anyway, I have half of a FO. First sock of the Orchid Sock done. I cast this on when we were visiting my brother at Budapest (I remember knitting at the airport) and when we came back, I just stopped. I didn't knit much toward later part of the pregnancy. Lately I am just so sick of having so many WIP so I decided to work on it.



Yes, it's a Koigu again. But it's the first Koigu I ever got! I'll probably work on the second sock much much later. I want to finish some other WIP first. Well, mostly not have so many things on the needles.

This sock also uses the Japanese Short Row! Mel first show us the Japanese Short Row at one of the meetups. I really like the way it looks and try to learn it myself. I don't remember how I closed the short row for this sock but I got stuck when I had to do it again for another sock. Mel was nice enough to help me get unstuck.

Plus there's my brother's wedding coming up. I wish I had more time to make the Frost Flower Shawl from A Gathering of Lace for the big occasion. I got this nice silk yarn from Sundara waiting for it. I don't think I can finish before his wedding though.. Not with having to take care of baby O.

Maybe Icurus shawl would be nice enough. I am on the last repeat of the first chart. Can't wait to get on the next chart.

No comments: