Thursday, November 05, 2009

Latvian Mitten advanture

My friend Lori and I took a Latvian Mitten class with Beth Brown-Reinsel this week and it was so much fun!

Here's Lori with the beautiful view we had.


Now I expected the class to be good because I've taken class with this teacher. But last time it was in some conference room and this time it was at this nice cute little yacht club with the view of the Tamales bay in the Marin county. That was a nice treat.

Here's Lori knitting with three color for the first time!


We had some cake and cookie for dessert. Look a the cute sheep cookie classmate Lorin made:


This is what our table did at the end of the day with the sample mitten from Beth:


Beth took a picture with Lori and me:

classmate Jessica who took the picture uttered "say Latvian mitten" to elicit those big smiles.

I did a little stranded work project as practice to prepare for the class:


Here's a view from the top:


I saw this commercial toddler dress with such nice color combination and asked if I could take a picture for inspiration:


Lately been working on gift knitting...

2 comments:

Marie said...

Looks like you had fun!

spinnity said...

Soooo jealous - I love Marin in the fall and I love Beth and I love color work. Stupid day job! :-)