Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Stitches West 2010 report

First, let's get the "cute babies and knits" out of the way.

Isn't this the cutest little hat on the cutest baby?!

And Cheryle made matching cardigan for her little cutie pie!

I had a great time catching up with people and helping out at the Lacy Knitter's Guild booth. I took a class because my friend was not able to take it last minute. It's the Fancy Felted Bag taught by Sharon Castello. Here's a picture of the wool being lay down before wetting it:
Doesn't it look like some furry animal? :-)

Here's everybody working hard, rolling and massaging their bags in bubble wraps and towels:

It's the most aerobic I ever got involving fiber. These are the end results:


The design on the top of this black bag used silk tops and such to decorate:

Here's a picture of the teacher posing with my bag:

I did come home with a few things:

Okay, I know it looks like a lot of yarn, but the upper left hand corner is super chunky's so it doesn't really count because it will get knitted up in no time. The two big balls of tweedy silk-wool (with little red specs) on the lower left hand corner are Pam's fault. I would not have seen it if she did not show me. (Does my guilt show from all these justifications I am coming up with?) I did go into stitches wanting to score some Madelinetosh yarn because it's all the rage in the knitting world and it's hard to get. I was able to score hard-to-get "tart" color way (right hand side of the loot) thought might not be the ideal weight I want (got it in "vintage"). And for some reason (maybe it's freshly coming off chinese new year celebration) I really want some more red yarn, so grabbed a few sock weight yarn which I can make socks or shawlets.

Okay, back to knitting.

No comments: